Friday, September 24, 2010

Why I came to Wright State

There really is not an interesting or exciting story about why I decided to come to Wright State. I had originally planned on going to Ohio University. I went and took a tour of it and everything-I really liked it at first. But then I went back and visited my cousin who lived there. I realized that Athens is about two hours away from just about anything, and there is not all that much to do there. That would be fine and all for the school year, but I would get really bored on the breaks and the weekends and stuff. OU is a really nice school and all, but it just was not for me. I also considered going to Ohio State, but decided against it. I chose Wright State because it is close to my house and I can still live at home while I go here. I also participated in a program called PSEO in high school, which allowed me to attend Wright State part time while in high school and get college credit, all for free. They even paid for the books. I didn't really think much of it when I first enrolled, but I have actually come to like Wright State. I'm enjoying it more than I expected, I've met some interesting people, and it's nice to have something to do.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha that it is very true that OU is in the middle of the hills of Eastern Ohio. And if you have never been there before, staying any length of time can truely test how well you can find things to do. OU is the town of Athens, without OU Athens wouldn't be on the map. Since there is so little to do, a lot of the full time students at OU party. Just last summer, there was a massive crackdown on underage drinking and out of control parties, that engulfed the school. This image of OU as a party school has really hurt the school's reputation, which the campus is striving to correct, perphaps even a little too harshly.

    ReplyDelete