Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No TV

If all the TVs in America were unplugged, I think that kids would be better off. Don't get me wrong, I like to watch a little bit of TV, like the Simpsons, and I love to watch movies. But some people just take it too far. Many people I know do absolutely nothing but play videogames in their free time, often times for six or more hours a day. Some people I know just sit and watch TV shows they don't even like, because there's nothing else on and they can't seem to find anything else to do. I think people would definately be healthier without TV, both mentally and physically. There would certainly be lower obesity rates, and people might just start to think for themselves. Some TV can be good though. Some shows can actually educate and enlighten us, like on the history channel, and some shows are just quality entertainment, like Tom and Jerry or the Simpsons. But many shows, like reality shows or Family Guy, are just plain crap and rot peoples' minds and should never be watched by anyone for any reason. Ever. Actually, most TV is crap. Movies are the way to go. Or the Simpsons.

1 comment:

  1. Moderation is the name of the game. I only allow my kids two television shows a day, with some exceptions. As a result they appreciate television as a priviledge and not a right. They also only watch heavily monotered educational television as opposed to the dribble of saturday morning cartoons.

    ReplyDelete